- RT @UrbanAfricaACC: FULL TEXT: The State of African Cities 2014 @UNHABITAT Where have we gone wrong, what can be put right? http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- James Galbraith critical review of Picketty's Capital in the 21st Century dissentmagazine.org/article/kapita… 1 week ago
- RT @VersoBooks: Robin Blackburn remembers Ernesto Laclau, 1936-2014 bit.ly/1hAE093 1 week ago
- RT @samkinsley: Sad news that Ernesto Laclau has died, in Seville, of a heart attack buenosairesherald.com/article/156933… 1 week ago
- The urbanization of responsibility wp.me/p11K9d-15I 2 weeks ago
- Are there 15 ways to be unhappy? Surfing Bruno Latour’s 'An Inquiry into Modes of Existence'
- Is governmentality a dirty word?
- The urbanization of responsibility
- Things to Read
- Neoliberalism after governmentality
- Affect theory: Ruth Leys critique in Critical Inquiry
- Jameson on affect and emotions
- New book: Democracy and Public Space by John Parkinson
Monthly Archives: August 2011
White Riot, The Clash I Predict a Riot, Kaiser Chiefs Bonnie and Clyde, Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye Drunk Girls, LCD Soundsystem Teenage Riot, Sonic Youth Fight the Power, Public Enemy For What it’s Worth, … Continue reading
Just noticed a new blog by Mark Purcell, Path to the Possible, on issues of urbanism, politics, democracy. Mark is author of Recapturing Democracy, one of the few books I can think of in geography/urban studies that engages in detail with democratic theory. I … Continue reading