- Heidegger in Black by Peter E. Gordon nybooks.com/articles/archi… via @nybooks 1 day ago
- Bite Size Theory: Light Years wp.me/p11K9d-1a0 1 day ago
- Bite Size Theory: What Should the Left Propose? wp.me/p11K9d-19G 1 week ago
- Jeremy Waldron on Cass Sunstein on nudging nybooks.com/articles/archi… via @nybooks 1 week ago
- Bite Size Theory: Social Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy wp.me/p11K9d-19E 1 week ago
- Is governmentality a dirty word?
- Affect theory: Ruth Leys critique in Critical Inquiry
- Place, Space and Politics: New Book Series from Routledge
- Things to Read
- What do cities have to do with democracy?
- Rabinow on the radio, on 'Foucault and the contemporary'
- The urbanization of responsibility
- 'Why theory?'
- Sociological Review Seminar Series
Monthly Archives: August 2011
White Riot, The Clash I Predict a Riot, Kaiser Chiefs Bonnie and Clyde, Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye Drunk Girls, LCD Soundsystem Teenage Riot, Sonic Youth Fight the Power, Public Enemy For What it’s Worth, … Continue reading
Just noticed a new blog by Mark Purcell, Path to the Possible, on issues of urbanism, politics, democracy. Mark is author of Recapturing Democracy, one of the few books I can think of in geography/urban studies that engages in detail with democratic theory. I … Continue reading